Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Wow I got a Treadle Machine at yard sale

Blog Entries

Wow I got a Treadle Machine at yard sale

I just got a standard treadle machine it was froze up when I brought it home. I got it working but I need a new belt and a presser foot. It came with a lot of fancy feet but not the regular one. Doe anyone know where I can get the parts. It says 1892 on the machine. thanks

Blog Entries
    This is a question for Monica, as she has a Standard that she loves!!

the foot on mine looks very close to a white FR and national. the slotted type

Blog Entries
    thanks Jljack, I will see if I can find Monica, thanks notsureif, I got a lot of other feet with this and I see they are slotted feet. someone put the holder on sideways that would have made the foot point the wrong direction I need the everyday presser foot if you hear of any let me know thanks everyone for your replys.

My DH usually shops on E-Bay for belts and some attachments or on April 1930's Sewing Shoppe http://www.april1930s.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie LM View Post
    I just got a standard treadle machine it was froze up when I brought it home. I got it working but I need a new belt and a presser foot. It came with a lot of fancy feet but not the regular one. Doe anyone know where I can get the parts. It says 1892 on the machine. thanks

Blog Entries
    Thanks twinkie I will check that out. I am going out of town for a few days. But will be sure and check it out when I get back. Thanks again

I found a gentleman on Facebook last night that works on vintage machines. He might have parts for you. His name is Nelson Maynard. Address: 1106 Burgin Road, Lawrenceburg, KY 40342 Phone: (502) 229-0347
    Karen in Kentucky

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KyKaren1949 View Post
    I found a gentleman on Facebook last night that works on vintage machines. He might have parts for you. His name is Nelson Maynard. Address: 1106 Burgin Road, Lawrenceburg, KY 40342 Phone: (502) 229-0347
    Thanks will check him out. I really appreciate all the input from everyone has given me. I know that I will be able to get the parts from one of the people that has been mentioned. Just got back from Denver have to get my life back to normal what ever that is. Thanks Again