Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which are your favourite vintage machines and why?

Blog Entries
    My fav is my 66 Redeye. It never gives me any problem and also sews a nice stitch. Second is the two-spool for piecing it never runs out of bobbin thread during a sewing session. You can really load those old wooden spools with lots of thread.
    Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

I really like my Singer 201, Singer 301 and my Featherweight (1950 Centennial model). I still also really like my Bernina Record 830 purchased new in 1975.
    Shelbie from the High County in Southern Ontario

I'm kinda partial to my Singer 401A, BUT I recently inherited a 66-16 that does the most perfect straight stitch I have ever seen.

My favorite, the Singer 301. She never lets me down. If only 301's could zigzag, it would be the perfect machine.

My Pfaff 1473 is my main machine and my Bernina 730E sits right beside it. Viking 6430 goes to classes. Necchi Supernova Ultra is downstairs with the quilting machine. But that's 3 oldies and there are more - -Pfaff 360 and 2 treadles. I sold over 1/2 dozen when I moved in '09 so whats left are my favorites and I would only willingly part with one treadle - the Ruby, have to keep the 1906 66K that needs a cabinet and extra feet.

I would have to say my Singer 99 since it is my only vintage one so far.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Blog Entries
    Tough choices. Hands down, I would keep my 15-91 for FMQ. I would keep my 201 hand crank for times when there is no electricity and her perfect stitch. I would keep one FW for piecing and ease of taking to classes. But I would really miss my 66 treadle... Please, can I keep 4????
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

I have 2 White Rotary machines. I love the fact that they have knee presses rather than a pedal. They also sew great.

My 201! I love the stitch & it's beautiful. I also just got an old Bernina 730 Record but haven't had time to sew on it yet... Also have a new Pfaff for the decorative stitches and main sewing. Anything heavy goes to the 201!

hSince I have a big collection of vintage machines (and use them), it is hard to pick a favorite but most days you will see me sitting with one of my FW----piecing away.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast