Boom 31 Spring

Old 05-17-2024, 02:01 PM

LC, I'm adding your Frog Boom 30 quilt to the finished gallery. Thanks for sharing it..,
Originally Posted by LogCabin82 View Post
Okay ladies! My froggy BOOM quilt is all done! Can’t wait to give it to my nephew for his birthday! I had one extra block left over so I may try to make a little gift out of it for him!
Old 05-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Power Poster

Love the froggy quilt, LC! Won't your nephew be thrilled to get it?!

Old 05-17-2024, 03:11 PM

My Spring Boom Blocks are traipsing on their way to JMc in NC. Sigh. Now to finish quilting a promised baby quilt and then dive into my UFO basket. It has grown into a small mountain. I did a deep dive into my sewing room when I had no electricity. Found more than I thought. Let's see what I can accomplish through the summer months.
Old 05-18-2024, 02:49 AM

Good morning, all.

Thank you, WMUTeach. Your blocks are scheduled to arrive Monday.

Getting close now. I haven’t been pulling my blocks from your packages (so as not to throw off the count) so I’m looking forward to seeing mine just as you all are. As soon as I get the blocks from Hav, I’ll start sorting.

I did walk 2.5 miles yesterday. Going to try to get another walk in today before the rain starts. I need to get about 3 weeks of daily walks before it’s a routine. It’ll be much better soon.

There’s a quilt show today locally for a quilt guild. Am looking forward to it. Maybe there will be inspiration for future quilts.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Old 05-18-2024, 04:32 AM

Walk on Janice McC! I got mine in yesterday too, not as far as you, but I met my goal. Today is a new day. We shall go at it again, then back to quilting the baby quilt.

I was grumbling about quilting my own tops and not liking it at all.. I have always used Guttermann thread but found a spool of Aurifil in a donation box with the plastic film on it. Whoo Hoo! I snatched it up and I tried it for the FM quilting on the baby quilt. Oh smooth as butt'a. No breaks or splitting, thus eliminating the ends that need to be tucked in. Just an hour or so more on the quilt and DONE! Well almost done, I will add the binding tonight with a good old movie.

Next up is the Fall Boom Quilt. What thread do you use? I have a domestic machine, Pfaff.
Old 05-18-2024, 07:59 AM

WMUT I pretty much use Aurifil exclusively except on my handiquilter it loves glide thread

The froggie quilt turned out so darn cute.

Janice yeah on your walking. I would be thrilled if I could walk 2.5 miles

Cheese head when hubby still worked and I was retired the camper was my refuge. I would many weeks spend my time there and he would join me for extended weekends. Now almost all our friends are retired and it’s just as busy during the week as on the weekend. Very little quiet time
Old 05-18-2024, 08:18 AM

Aurofil is my go-to thread with the Juki. Haven’t tried Glide yet but supposedly jukis “love” Aurifil and Glide. My old Kenmore isn’t the least bit fussy, I can use anything but all I’ve got now is Aurofil so it gets it, when it’s working - which it is still not.

Terriamn, I enjoy the peace and quiet most of the time now. I’m just not fond of crowds.

Congratulations, WMUTeach on achieving your walking goal.

So I’m busy meandering away when I run out of bobbin thread. Shoot. Put in a new bobbin and rethreaded the machine after a quick lint clean up (Aurofil is linty) and now the tension is all wrong. Worked and worked on it for some time and then walked away annoyed. Couldn’t figure it out. Went back and realized I hadn’t run the thread through the thread stand! It was pulling directly from the spool and she didn’t like it one bit. Uggg. Such a simple fix. Rookie mistake and I’m no rookie. Humbling!

Back to quilting my Under the Sea blocks, albeit very slowly and carefully.
Old 05-18-2024, 04:37 PM

Default Walking

I would love to get into the walking routine, but not there yet - so you all keep writing about it to remind me!
veggie garden is really pushing my limits. DS decided we needed to expand this year. And he made two above ground plots 24’ x8’. He got it tilled. I sent in soil sample to NH Extension and it was very informative. Then off to store to find correct additives. Tilled them in and I attempted to set out watering hoses. DH didn’t read instructions and we had a pond at one end and dry at other. Got that fixed and laying out plastic.
last year we had a freeze at this time, I think we are safe so bringing our pottings outside.
I am hurting in so many places. I am past the age of starting new gardens. And it is taking me away from seeing !
got two RWB tops done and using leftovers to make a back for one. But have no fear, if someone sends patriotic fabric out, I still will have fabric!
I am rambling, time for sleep
Old 05-19-2024, 06:41 AM

TG boy can I relate to being sore after gardening. We use lots of different muscles gardening. Our veggies are in 2 raised containers so not much bending there but lots and lots of bending and squatting planting flowers and pulling weeds. Hubby was even sore and that was new for him

Daughter’s dog was acting strange after its walk on Friday, long story short his spleen burst and when they operated they found a golf ball size tumor. 50/50 chance of it being cancerous. Amazing how fast he is recuperating. Poor little guy sure hope it’s not cancer my son- in- law is madly in love with Boomer

hope everyone has a great day
Old 05-19-2024, 08:15 AM

I must be on a BOOM mission because I’ve got the next BOOM quilt on the table ready to be pinned!