View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 07:25 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

I started out with a Prostore site. It was free for one month then $30 amonth.I didn't have much input into it as to look of the site. It was ok as a beginner but I switched to Hattie's Workshop and she took what I wanted and designed the site for me. That was my first one and then I had her do another one for me. She charged $85 to design the first site and now she charges $125 but it was worth it. I only pay $10 a month for the first one and $15 for the second one. By the time she set up my second site with her(my 3rd site as far as me learning) I had learned enough to be able to do more on the site myself and I added alot of personal touches to it. I don't know how to do code but the admin site is really helpful.

When I started I didn't know anything! I didn't know what a URL was or anything. The one thing nobody could explain to me was how to link a page within the site to the home page. I eventually got a nice tech who didn't talk over my head and walked me through it til I understood.

If you have access to taking classes then I would. Everyone kept telling me to take a class but I wasn't able to. There is alot of info online but as a beginner none of it was down to my level. Now I understand some basic stuff but am by no means a techy!!

If I can help in any way I would be happy to. Whether I know enough to be much help might be debatable! LOL

My website links are at the bottom of my signature