View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 03:11 AM
debijod

Billy, You are awesome! I love the history of the things that I have acquired. Thank you so much for the post. If you need any more information about my new baby blue 903 please let me know.
What is so funny is that last year I bought a beautiful oak treadle base that has "The Free" in the treadle. The base has four long drawers with beautiful S-shaped pulls. The drawers lock when the top is down and open when the top is opened. The front of the base moves back when the top is opened, too. I paid $10.00 for it at a garage sale. There is no machine with it so am thinking of putting my new baby in it if it will fit.
My father manufactured woman's clothing from 20's thru 60's when he passed away. He only used Singers so I knew nothing about The Free or Free Westinghouse. It is now a mission to learn as much as I can. I do have a treadle base from his factory but brothers took most of the equipment when I was young so that is all I got. Have been using it as a side table with glass top for years.
Again thanks for the info. will keep you posted if I find anything more the 903.
Debi