View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Sondra

Thanks Becky and Leslee you both were a big help. Yes, I guess you got what I meant as to how to place the applique pieces correctly on the fabic to which the applique is being placed. I know a light box is the best, but someone said to use a pressing cloth but isn't it mainly used to keep the sticky stuff from your ironing board? I've also been told freezer paper works for this sticky thing also. According to this aritcle by using the pressing sheet you can position your layout of the drawing and if you make a mistake, it will be easy to peel off and repositionf--you can then pry up the appliques pieces without damage--all in one piece. Sounded confusing. I think the light box and then tracing the pattern on the background fabric would be the best answer. Wow! First board I have been involved in that actually answers your questions. So often in the past, it is only a small group who know each other and use the board to talk about their family problems instead of the actual use of the board. Thanks Gals!. P.S. I am from brrrrrr Wisconsin--high of 15 degrees yesterday. :D