Old 09-19-2010, 06:14 PM
moonwolf23

Originally Posted by sarahbelle
I am making a 'Candy Dots' quilt that I bought from KQ. I really like the fabric and how it is turning out. I knew that it was going to be lap size and I was ok with that..... what I am not ok with is how much waste their was with this pattern.

The pattern called for 2 Bali Pop packs (those aren't cheep).... but when i got done putting it together I had 28 10 1/2" sets of 3 strips sewn together, 8 strips not used and some 10" (and less) cuts from other strips.

In my book, this much waste is unacceptable. I have enough strips to make 7 (yes 7) more rows, but nothing to make the boxes (cause they are made from near solids, and there aren't any more). I can't supplement and make more boxes because of how random everything is. Also, because of the way it is put together, I can't add to the ends (the rows that start with strips start with a smaller length of strip).

Any ideas on how to use these extra strips so they dont go to waste?
Use them as a border in a rail fence type of pattern. Or go through your stash, find a coordinating solid, border that and then use those strips to make another border. So you go from a lap to a full???

or send em my way eg