View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 04:51 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by thequiltmama
I love it here. We do have too much crime sometimes but doesn't most of the world.
Funny story.... my close friend is married to a Canadian man. They live in the US now for his job. We all went to lunch one day and all he did was complain about our government and everything he could think of. ugh. And of course talking about how great Canada is, and it is so much better there.....So finally I lost it and told him then he should go back!! And that I love the freedom we have here compared to most countries and that I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. And if he was so unhappy then we didn't want him here anyway... hehe. He shut up after that. I let him ramble for a half an hour before I shut him down. Why complain, you are here in the US obviously because you got a super high paying job so shut up. And they have lived her for almost 10 years. :-) don't mess with me and my US :-)

Oh, and be safe....come home ok.
I agree. I had a neighbor back when I was first married who was from Germany and her husband was from Latvia; very nice people, but one day she started complaining about the US and all its problems. I did the same. I told her she came here willingly to avoid the problems in her country. Go back and see if it is any better. She never complained after that (at least to me). I have no desire to experience life in any other country.