Old 03-08-2011, 01:37 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janquiltz
Perfect name for a lovely quilt. Really like the pattern (is that your design?) and the machine quilting looks really good to me.
It's a disappearing nine patch. The 3 strip blocks I had made for the border of my avatar quilt as I only had three pattern repeats left after making the hexagons and wanted to come up with a way to use them in the border. So I stacked the three repeats and cut strip sets at 5" wide. Then I subcut these strips into 2" wide 'logs'. This yielded 3 identical patches which when pieced together produced a 5" unfinished square. Then I cut the other patches from the dark purple and the gold fabric also at 5" and pieced the nine patches putting the three strip blocks as the four corners of the nine patches so they wouldn't get sliced and the dark purple as the centre patch, subcut them vertically and horizontally through the centre to give me four blocks then fiddled with the layout til I was happy with it.

Hope that's clearer than mud! I think there's a tute on here somewhere for the d9p if you're not familiar with it...

The hexagons in the outer borders are orphans from the centre of my avatar quilt and the gold is some left over extra wide backing fabric that I had left from my quilted door curtain I made ages ago. It's less of a design and more of a mish mash really! Still I'm quite pleased with how it came out. :-D

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. :-D