Old 03-16-2011, 06:36 PM
ncredbird

Well, I have finished a baby quilt. It is time to box him up and send him home to his forever little boy. Is it just me that gets attached to these baby quilts? My son is coming to visit tomorrow and I needed to get this quilt done before then so that he wouldn't see it. He has a dear friend that has a new baby boy and I want them both to see it for the first time when she opens it. I told him he would have to skype me when he gives it to her so that I can see her open it. I also want to see the baby for the first time.
Although I am glad he is finished I am sad to see him leave. This is an original design that I created to practice using my gazelle die cutter. I used it to cut the applique pattern for the bear in the middle of the quilt. I cut the parts out of freezer paper and then ironed onto the fabric and cut by hand. I had seen a tutorial on how to make easy pinwheels so made those. The stars were left over from a previous project and I had forgotten I had them but managed to use them all up. (I will probably find the project that I originally wanted them for later and then have to make some more). This whole project was the first thing I have attempted to sew on my new Janome Horizon so I tried to use as many of the feet that I could as I constructed and quilted the project. It has taken longer than I planned but I have learned a lot of new skills and look forward to starting another project soon. Ann in TN

Finally finished
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170758[/ATTACH]

The blue cross hatching is marker pen. I haven't washed him yet.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170759[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-170753.jpe   attachment-170754.jpe