View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 01:25 PM
virgwid

Ok, I was the one yesterday whining and complaining about how hard it was to let my son off at his college dorm for the first time. I am trying really hard to get over it, and I gotta say, you guys are amazing and a lot of help. More than one of you suggested that I get off my butt and into my sewing room even if I didn't do anything in there. Ok, your right and I did, thanks!! Of course I think this getting over the son being gone thing is a little easier today thanks to him not getting back to me when he wants me to drop off the stuff he left behind and the shopping list he and his roommate came up with. Think I may be busy when he finally gets around to remembering me... or not! :P

Anyways, went in to my sewing room (overcrowded dining room), and couldn't just do nothing, so I did something. Here it is - my very first quilt block!! Ta da!! Its going to be a flip flop wall hanging with nine blocks. Yes, I know I goofed on the flip flops on this one, but the others I didn't, and this one will always make me smile as I remember how it was the day after I was so sad about his leaving and so irritated at him now! Hey - I can blame it on him!! :lol:

Anyways, thanks for looking - and for being there. Virg
Attached Thumbnails attachment-245350.jpe  
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Attachment-245345.zip (709.9 KB, 3 views)