View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 05:59 PM
auntpiggylpn

Originally Posted by goosepoint
I could not stand not having all the toys to use for quilting. Back in Feb I caught the Go for $199 at Joanns and got free shipping so I jumped all over that. When it came I was tickled pink. But even though I would look at it and pat it on it's head I did not try it out until tonight. Good Grief :? I was cutting 2 layers of flannel (from old shirts) and I worked on this thing for 3 hours. It is not an easy machine to use. I must be doing something wrong. Everyone has gone on about how nice it is for some of us with arthritis but I swear - no way anyone with arthritis can use this thing. It worked me to death. I am trying to type this to you all and I have my arms laying on a pillow because my shoulders and the sockets are killing me. Tonight will be double pain pills before I go to bed. :-( Can anyone tell me if this is suppose to be so tough??? I have got to be using or doing it wrong. The die I was using is the 8" rag die.
I just finished a rag quilt using the rag die and it was a NIGHTMARE! I was using 2 layers of flannel and 1 layer of cotton and it was extremely difficult to turn the crank. I've had mine for about 9 months and I don't have any problems with the other dies. The machine is tight when you first start to use it but it will loosen up.