View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 07:29 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by fudge and furs
Originally Posted by QuiltE
Originally Posted by fudge and furs
I was given a very large spool of cotton grey thread. My machine won't handle the whole spool as the "hole" on the spool is much too large. I love the thread but there must be a way I can use it with an empty spool. I keep them on hand all of the time. Mostly for my cats to play with :roll:
You can get spool tower thingy that you can sit your large spool on, and then thread it to your machine. Some have converted upright paper towel holders, and some just set the large spool into a coffee mug or jar or such.

Absolutely Incredible advice. Set the spool in my ceramic "butter bell" bottom. Perfect. The only problem I had was I was so excited to try it my bacon on the stove is now black and the house is filled with smoke. Not a bad price to pay for such great advice.

:thumbup: :thumbup:
So there is truth to the old advertising moniker ....
"Everything's Better with Butter" (Butter-Bell, that is)

*gag* nothing worse than a house of bacon grease! ick!! :)

As a PS ... check that your machine is stitching correctly. Sometimes the tension will get messed up by not having the spool sitting in the proper position on the machine. Better to check now, than do a whole bunch of sewing and say, oh dear! :( :)