View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 07:10 PM
sylviak

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
Looks great! I think I have that same fabric you are folding, Northcott Stonehenge? I have a large sewing room but it is so full, there is no way to put my quilting frame in there. Thinking about making a doorway into the bedroom next door for the frame. Guestroom? who needs that?!
I DO! LOL! That's why we built the shed...so we could have the bedrooms back for when the family comes home. We have three married children and seven grandchildren. And the boys have gotten too big to sleep under the quilting frame! Now I need to spend some time getting those rooms back in shape. I need a futon frame for the office (where my cutting board used to live) and a queen-size bed for the room my long arm was in. We've already turned the walk-in closet (my old sewing area) into a storage area/closet with shelves all around. Our house isn't real large anyway and I felt bad that I couldn't find room to put anyone with all my quilting stuff taking up so much space. My youngest son has already laid claim to the former long arm room for his family. My oldest son and his family live close and can go home to sleep, but occasionally some of them do come up for the night. My daughter and her DH live near Boulder, CO. They don't usually bring all three of their kids at the same time, since two are in college and working. I just needed the space. But....if you don't need a guest room...then cutting a doorway (or double doorway?) might provide you with what you need. Hope you can find a place for your frame.