Old 12-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Rebecca Chambley

I sort my fabric in clear tubs. I sort by winter, spring, summer, and fall. Then I have tubs that hold my batting and large muslin pieces. I buy bolts of muslin and keep them out. I then know by the tubs,(clear plastic) when I'm working on a quilt, which tub to look in for a fabric color or print. Oh yes I have 1 tub that is all solids. I also have a clear tub of scraps that I alway look in first for a project. I don't keep tiny pieces of scraps. But I applique alot and so the smallest is usually about 10x10". I'd rather go through 1 tub at a time, to aid in organazation. Any new fabric I buy is kept out on my book shelf, I usualy have a project in mind, when I buy. Any projects I have going I keep all pieces and fabric in a milk crate. I have 8 of those. They stack nicely and also aid in organazation. Thats how I set things up. It may not be the best or work for any one else. But thats my system and it works for me. I usually have 3-4 projects at a time going, any more then that is to overwhelming for me. I force my self to complete those before starting a new. When finished with a project I make myself file the fabric that is left in it's proper place, if the pieces are big enough, no smaller then 10x10".