Old 10-23-2011, 04:39 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
I finally scored!!
Woohoo!!! That one's got a side clamp, I'm guessing someone changed out the needlebar... She's PRETTY!!
I have a problem :( Cleaned my 'new' 66 & thought I would give her a spin to see how she stitched. The presser foot needed to be tightened and once I did that...

The presser foot is at a slant to the right and the needle hits it. I tried the regular foot & the zipper foot. Tried to take some pictures. Don't know if they help explain the problem, but worth the try.

Any suggestions? Especially since, as Charlee observed, this might not be the original needlebar.

I'd pull the faceplate and make sure everything there is tight where it should be, and check for bends or warps in the presser bar...
After that, I'm not sure what to tell you! I do know that from what I've read, it seems fairly simple to switch it out...
It isn't very hard - you just need someone to hold your hand and tell you - you can do it - maybe read the manual to you. A repair manual is real sweet to have around. - Getting the timing right is the hard part - it's $85 or more to take it and have it done. I think I posted something on here about timing - don't know where.