View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 07:59 AM
Pds

Betty I am so sorry! I am often at home alone (my DH helps to coach our grandson's basketball and baseball teams). Things are so different now. I was sharing your story with my husband and he said in the future NEVER go to the door to answer. Ask who is is standing back (with your gun) if you know no one is expected. Don't give directions---they can just drive to a gas station and ask. Do your dogs make a lot of noise? We have a little 8 lb. poodle who sounds like a 200 lb Great Dane! He is our little alert! I try very hard to be careful---we have an alarm system; security doors and bars on the back of our house; a security pole that I can put under the door handle in my bedroom; AND a gun I am not afraid to use. It is a shame you have to be so paranoid, but given the fact that now people aren't afraid to break into a house with occupants, I think a little paranoid behavior is justified. Now my kids when they are coming to visit and know I am alone, always call first and tell me they are in the driveway! Please be careful and take care!!