Old 11-12-2011, 03:10 AM
plainpat

That's a very pretty quilt & I like your quilting. Outstanding for a 1st quilt! Mine was pretty ...in my eyes, but it truth,is wonky as can be.

Originally Posted by crystaltx View Post
Some of you may remember this thread from a month ago, I pieced the top and then got extremely discouraged at the actual 'quilting' process on my little sewing machine from Walmart. Moving that much quilt around my kitchen table was back-breaking and I almost gave up. Well I quit working on it for a week or two, and had to psych myself up to get back on it and do a little each night. I learned some very important lessons about working hard, taking care with details, and not giving up, so this quilt was a journey for me. I am so happy with the result that even though I'm taking a little break, I can't wait to start the next one. Overall this quilt took me a little over 2 months to complete. It is a design from Joann's quilt of the month called "Autumn Leaves" and I put it together because I thought it resembled a pile of leaves which brings back great memories.Thank you for the support I received on this site which helped me along the way. I can now call myself a quilter and I feel like I'm starting to know what I'm doing =)