Old 02-21-2012, 07:58 AM
majormom

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt View Post
My Go died on me a week ago.. Ive been moping and trying to find another one locally.
The crank broke- makes a horrible sound when I try to crank the handle.. Boo Hoo..The LQS has them at the Regular retail price over $300 and my Joannes no longer carries them..grrrr... Hubby has told me on numerous occasions to send it in-get it fixed.. I just couldnt justify spending the money on shipping and since it was out of warranty - almost five years old- that id have to pay for the fix... All I kept thinking is why spend the $ then to find out it cant be fixed when I can get a new one online for $199. Well after hearing hubby suggest to send it in after each of my gripes - I finally did on Friday..

And today a NEW one came in the mail.. lil sneak bought me a new one when my old one broke.. So now - god willing - if they can fix the old one, ill have a backup Go as well...

Ive got my scrap piles waiting until tomorrow.. Figured Id wash ALL his laundry since my darling bought me a new GO....Only seemed fair.. lol..

Happy Quilting everyone...
What a sweetheart he is! And a little sneaky too - but in a good way! Take good care of him he is a keeper!