Old 07-13-2012, 10:44 AM
teriann

Thumbs up I just finished my making my sewing table!

Hello all, I just finished making my new sewing machine table and I'm a little bit excited about it! I am fairly new to quilting, I am still working on my first quilt. Hopefully I will finish that this weekend and I will post pics of that on Monday, (hopefully). I have never posted pics before so hopefully I can figure that out. But this is the table that I made myself. I starting quilting my new quilt, and it was really a pain in the butt trying to quilt it on my dining room table so I started looking at them on line and OMG! They are pricey! The Amish had just finished my new barn and I had all this left over wood so I figured I would try to make one first, I am pretty handy with woodworking, and I already had the wood so why not give it a try right? I bought the filing cabinet that is underneath the table, that is also one of the legs for the table. After I took these pics last night, I started quilting my quilt and so I pulled that out almost all the way, so it's like an extension, works great! I made this all out of 1" thick boards by 5"wide. To make the top I glued and pinned 8 boards together, let that dry for a couple days and then I sanded the heck out of it! It is as smooth as a baby's butt! The table measures 45"x70". I also had some wood left over from the railing going up the stairs in the barn, it was 4x4 oak, so that's what I used for the legs. The filing cabinet is alot darker than the rest of the table, but that's ok for now. I will find something later on to take it's place that matches better. Thanks so much for looking!
Ok, I keep trying to add pics and it keeps saying upload failed. Any tricks on doing this?
Thanks!