View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 09:17 PM
Anastasia

Default Sisterly Love by RoseIrish48

This is a quilt my mom (RoseIrish48) made for our "adopted chat family" member StitchingPost. They're doing a quilt swap because neither had ever made themselves a quilt. This is burgundy (the parts that look brown), pink, and white. The border is a camo pink. The pink squares within the design are actually a 4 patch of 2 types of pinks. One is a blender pink and the other is almost a giraffe pattern. They are arranged to follow the lines of the X. And then of course the white. Also I think the back is the camo pink as well. I can't remember honestly. I'm sure she'll chime in.

As far as she knows, this is an original pattern. She drafted it out years ago and hasn't seen anything quite like it since, so she's naming it Sisterly Love.

Sorry I took the pic with my phone and incandescent lighting is not fun, but I climbed a little ladder to try to show the entire pattern the best (though it's hanging off a little one side). So I lost detail, we'll take more pictures tomorrow to show the quilting.

It's hand quilted with hearts in all of the pink squares and the border is a bunch of hearts on a ribbon. In one corner they come together to form a bow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]352883[/ATTACH]

So this will be going to it's new home for her birthday.
Attached Thumbnails x-quilt.jpg  

Last edited by Anastasia; 07-31-2012 at 09:19 PM.