Old 10-05-2009, 10:30 AM
MadQuilter
Power Poster

Turkey day is my favorite day as I am an immigrant! Where we spend it depends. This year is most likely going to be at home, just the two of us. I have a Irish Coffe (or something like it) for breakfast and it's all downhill from there - kidding!!!! Pat gets to pick the menu and in all the years he has only once asked for turkey. Usually, it's a traditional German Sunday dinner. We rent movies and enjoy each other's company. It's funny, but when I mention that Pat and I will be alone (the way we like it) people get really weird. They immediately express how sorry they are that we are all alone and then they invite us for dinner at their house. Now when they ask, I just tell them we have plans and leave it at that.

Pat always volunteers to work Christmas. That way, I can ignore the day and let it pass without incident. My girlfriend called me one year and told me that she bought me a CHristmas Tree and she was bringing it over. I asked her what demented fairy was riding her to do such a stupid thing. She said that it was unacceptable to her that I did not celebrate Christmas. I told her that if she actually brought that tree to my house, she was going to be the angel topper as I was fully prepared to .....well, you can guess how she was going to be a tree topper. :twisted: