View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 05:09 PM
Tropical

Default Thank You Everyone!!!

Hi Everyone,
In my last new thread, I asked if it is ok to not quilt my tops. I had so many wonderful responses filled with inspiration and kind thoughts for my DH. You have all lifted my spirits and have let me know it is ok to do only what I love. I am not very advanced in my quilting yet. Still I do love it because I have loved to sew since I was a little girl. I am learning as I go along and am willing to try all aspects of it. It is just that I haven't mastered the sandwiching part yet. I have decided to just keep on learning new blocks and techniques that I find here on the board, on YouTube and on other sites like Missouri Star Quilt Company. I have joined their forum, but I enjoy this one the best. I feel at home here.

I want to share our good news with you. We found out today that my DH's PET Scan showed that his cancer has not spread beyond the lungs where it matastisized to from his renal cell cancer in 2007. He still has one more test to go. He will have his bronchoscopy next Wednesday to see if it has invaded his airways. We will get the results of that the following week. The week after that we will decide on our plan of action with his oncologist. It may or may not mean more chemo.

Today, we went fabric shopping between doctor appointments. First JoAnn's and then Hobby Lobby. I didn't buy anything then. We left and got lunch at O'Charley's to celebrate our good news. We then visited a book store. I couldn't find a quilting book I wanted. So we went back to Hobby Lobby and I bought fabric that I had fallen in love with the moment I saw it the first time we were there today. I had been saving my birthday money from my Mom for over a month to buy something special. I thought about the fabric and decided that since it was Winnie the Pooh and I love Winnie the Pooh, it was just the special thing for me. I got 2 yards. I looked for coordinating fabrics and found a soft green with white polka dots (I love polka dots) and a soft gold the color of Winnie for the top. I glanced up and further down the aisle and spotted just the right flannel stripe for the back. It really was a day of celebration.

So thank you all so much for responding to my question and for all of your wonderful offers to help me with finishing one of my quilts. You have given me the support I needed to get through to myself that it is ok to sew what I love and not worry about the rest of it. I now have special fabric and a plan of action that will get me out of my slump and back to quilting. I am going to take my time before I start on my special baby quilt that will be just for me. Unless a new great-grand baby comes along and I just can't resist giving my quilt as a gift in my family. They all love my sewing that I am always giving to all of them.