View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 04:17 PM
leoniet

Default Quilting after Binding

Hello everyone I'm new to quilting (although an experienced dress-maker) and recently spend over a year hand sewing pieces for a hexagonal quilt for my new baby daughter (twin-sized). I spend so long on it, I got scared and chickened out completely on ANY quilting at all (!) and just batted and backed and bound it thinking that it would still look good. Obviously it doesn't look THAT good from the back and looks more like a duvet! So, six months after finishing it (and about to start on a quilt for my baby boy I'm expecting later in the year! ) I'm regretting not being brave. So where do I go from here? Shall I try and do straight line quilting and if it puckers and bunches just cut the border off and re-bind? Should I try and hand-baste it thoroughly and see if that avoids the shifting? Is there any way to keep my existing binding!? Also what is the easiest way to quilt a "hexagonal" quilt. I've not made this easy for my first one have I?! Thank you! (P.S. photo of quilt and my baby girl attached )
Attached Thumbnails img_1202.jpg  

Last edited by leoniet; 05-17-2013 at 04:28 PM.