Old 06-18-2013, 03:03 PM
mlmack

Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
Hi Milmack. I might be able to help you with the bobbin winder issue. If it is not seized up and you can remove it from the machine, get your oil, preferably Tri-Flow oil, or what you have. Put the oil in the oiling hole and on where the chrome meets the paint on the spool side AND on the wheel side. Get some paper-towels and a variable speed drill. Now if it is seized up you need to pop out the spring that is in the shaft by using a needle into the tiny little hole it will release. Push it into the inside of that shaft and slide it out with a small screwdriver and put it in a safe place. Put a small screwdriver in the slot it came out of and work it back and forth. This will give you a lot of leverage. When it is moving a bit you can go on to the next part.

If it is moving, Put the part that holds the bobbin in the chuck of your drill. Hold on to the bracket part so the bobbin winder can spin in the bracket. Oil it and slowly spin the drill. Keep the paper towels handy because black crud is going to come out of it. Keep doing this and wiping excess crud until it runs clear. By that time it should be freely spinning. Wipe it good, re-install it on the machine, and re-install the spring. It always works well for me.
Love the Nicotine comment!
~G~
It spins, but it requires a bit of force. I'll keep up with the oil, and go to the drill if need be.

Thanks for the tips!