View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 08:16 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by lemonswade View Post
Is 75 dollars a good deal for a 90? It does come with a bentwood case, and I have asked her if it comes with anything else and if it's been serviced, just waiting for a response. It doesn't look like it has a spoked wheel, but it's hard to tell from the pictures. Can the belts be bought at places like Fabricland or vac n sews or would I need to order them online?

Here's the pics of the machine. Anyone know what the M.R. stands for?
The wheel is a solid wheel, the spoked wheel is chrome and larger. It stands out
Being about a late forties early fifies machine, I'd believe it's an original 15-90.
How do I know its age? That blue decal is a Centennial badge. It was produced in 1951 for their 100th anniversary. The badge went on machines as they left the factories, so sometimes it was "old" stock, like my 1948 15-90 that's a Centennial model, or sometimes it was a 1951 model, like the 66 godzilla I have here. Never on a newer model though, they thought it wouldn't sell if people thought the machine was "last year's" model.

I knew at one time what the M.R. meant, but I draw a complete blank. I'm sure someone else will know though.
I do know it's uncommon.

Edit: Found it: http://www.collectorsweekly.com/stor...collection-242

I would probably pay $75 for it. It's worth asking if they're negotiable, but for a Centennial with pretty clean decals, only needing some clean up and oiling, assuming that the wiring isn't crunchy or melted or gooey, it's a fair price in most parts of Canada.

As for belts, PM or email me. Since you're in Canada, I can help you out. FL won't have belts, and don't buy anything there if it's not on sale. Vac and sew might have them for you, I think the belt is a 193077 for an actual Singer part number, but most shops are going to want about $20 for that belt.

The bentwood case will love you for a little Howard's Feed'n'Wax

Last edited by ArchaicArcane; 07-09-2013 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Found the reference to "M.R"