View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 03:12 PM
romanojg

Originally Posted by Glenda m View Post
House bought and paid for, children and grandkids near by, friends. Nope..staying right in the middle of Oklahoma, even if we do have to dodge the tornados once in a while.
This is me. My house will be paid for in a couple yrs, my kids and grandkids and great grandkids live close, only a couple in surrounding states. I wouldn't want to live with weather any worse than here; I don't like the cold and neither does my body. I love the snow if my house is warm (right now that's hard to do) but when its paid for I'll put better heating in it, what would equal to two house payments will pay my house taxes and insurance for the yr. As long as my health holds out I'll still be working and can save some money when its paid off. Mainly, its my kids and family.

If they'd move with me (which most would if I could afford to pay for it) I'd move to Hi. I lived there for 6 yrs and loved it. Lived in CA for 3 and hated the earthquakes, especially the one in 89. Most of the time here, we know when a bad storm is on the way and can prepare for it; can't do that with earthquakes.