Old 03-23-2014, 02:53 PM
meanmom

Where is everyone? I have been gone at my retreat all weekend and hardly anyone has posted. The retreat was awesome as always. We are trying to fix up a girls weekend in October to quilt, knit, read or whatever. The guild only has 1 retreat a year. I can't get near the scale they feed us so well. We alway have caramel rolls for breakfast on Sunday and they are swimming in caramel. German chocolate cake for lunch. There were 56 of us there this year. I made a professional tote and sewed all of the hexagons for a one block wonder quilt. I need to play with it on my design wall to finish it. I will have to put it aside since I need to get my sample made for guild on April 9th since I am teaching. We are demoing 1 pre-cut project a month and I have April. I haven't started. I have 2 Kaffe Fasset jelly rolls and going to do the quilt from 3 Dudes. I wanted to do the falling hexagon quilt but that will take longer so I will do that one next time in November. Also someone else was supposed to do a demo on making labels in April ( we reserved a special room for it) and she is trying to back out. That means I need to teach how to paper piece too. ARGH!
I need to get serious about cleaning up my diet. A good friend was hypnotised for weight loss and has lost 25 pounds. She said a lot of bad food don't even really interest her anymore. I might look in to it.