View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 02:58 AM
Sandygirl

Originally Posted by gramajo View Post
I had to downsize last summer and it wasn't easy. All my quilting stuff came with me with the exception of some magazines that I donated to interested QBers. I am very sentimental and it was hard to get rid of a lot of things, especially when I found I'd have room for some of it where I'm now living. The only items I regret getting rid of were all the Santas and other Christmas items I'd collected and been given by family and friends. So think long and hard about downsizing those sentimental items you have.

Your reference to Santa's reminds me of my Santa collection. When I married and moved into my DH house, I brought the Santa's with me. I have not seen my collection for about ten years. They are stored in the creepy basement. I would not go down there.

We recently had the basement waterproofed, new windows installed and DH is cleaning and painting it. New lighting is installed. I now know where my collection is! But I have a feeling that no longer care about my Santas. I used to display them on shelves at my old house. Hmmmm....maybe after I unwrap them and dust them ff I will feel differently. Maybe not.

Things are meant to move into your life then move on. I rarely "miss" stuff....except my old house! LOL! Loved my 70's ranch! (Newly remodeled when I moved). Sigh.....

sandy