View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 08:43 AM
kristakz

Oh, such lovely projects. I love the Christmas trees, tucsonquilter. Looks like we are on the same wavelength making Christmas tree skirts.

Sisty, that quilt is beautiful. How long it is? I like mine to be about 90" long, even for a single. Like someone said, then you can fold the quilt over the pillow. But the pillow sham idea sounds great too.

Penni, your quilts are great. I especially love the disappearing hour glass pattern, and the second pattern it made in the corners.

Nanna, I do the same - try to use every scrap of fabric I can when making a quilt and the backing. However I usually then realize I needed to save some of the fabric for binding. Hopefully you are more organized than I am I really like what you did with the backing of that quilt.

I have had a minor setback with my tree skirt. Apparently I can't count, and despite careful calculations I only have enough fabric for 1/2 of the background triangles I need to cut. So, a small change in the design will be coming, to use more colours/fabric in those sections. And then I have to decide if I want to make 1 extra section, so that I can overlap the skirt when it's laid around the tree. Or put ties or something on it to keep it closed. Can anyone tell me what is usually done?