Old 10-27-2014, 05:30 PM
DogHouseMom

Originally Posted by AngelinaMaria View Post
I noticed that so far from the photos of selected fabrics that no one has included batiks. I am torn between using batiks or regular cotton. I don't have enough of either so that doesn't help me decide. It seems like most of the BH quilts I've seen are rarely done in batik. Is there a practical reason for this?

I think I will need to see the quilt block more developed than individual pieces to decide on fabric selection. Can't wait for it to get started!!
I've got plenty of batiks in my pink, green and teal colors. Like Bonnie I am using a single yellow constant. I've not pulled my neutrals yet but I'm certain at least a few batik scraps will make their way into that category, and I know I've got at least one black batik in my scrap bin.

I do mix batiks and regular fabrics, but because the weight of each is so different ... if the pieces are small I will re-adjust my seam allowance to a very scant 1/4" then trim down if necessary. It's usually only necessary when I'm working with small cuts though.