View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 07:45 PM
mumzer

My joy is my family but being a home health aid was also a joy. I so loved the elderly I took care of. They were all like grandparents to me. I am thinking of them all as I sit here and laughing to my self over some of the things they did.
Mrs. D was a 96 yr old little Italian lady who was full of stories about coming to America.She had a hinged brace that she stepped into and it came over her knee. After a morning bath she would put on her stocking then the brace all by herself. When the brace was on she would hit her knee and listen for the click which meant she did it right and could get up and walk. Robert was in his 70's and worked hard at thinking up new tricks to play on me he was so funny every day I went to him was a treat. His wife would just say "Oh, thank God your here". He wouldn't listen to me,lol.

The collage art professor who asked if I minded if he walked around naked since he was going to take a shower anyway( And George who came from Austria and managed a well known hotel in NYC. He said for sure there was a PIPPY LONGSTOCKING. He and his wife would tell me all about the Christmas Balls they would have and how he and his wife would open the ball with the first waltz. I was also his secretary and would write letters to his son who still lived in Austria. Then Helen who was a rather large lady who went into the shower with her clothes on so I wouldn't see her naked. LOL the shower door was plain glass. Guess she forgot about that. So many more and such fun times.