Thread: baby quilt
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 06:59 AM
Ellen 1

Hello Hillgal, The penguins are very cute and the colors are great. Everyone that comments always say how cute the quilt is and we all love to hear that.

I would like to add some constructive comments for you also. Your quilt needs more quilting to hold it together for any length of time. The first time this is washed it will start poofing and bunching and become distorted. I would recommend you add quilting, eventhough the quilt is finished. It can still be done. Leave the binding on and quilt it as is. Whatever you want to quilt on it is fine. If your are new to free motion quilting, Cross hatching on each square of the 9 patch and some stippling around the penguins would be good. You could stitch in the ditch around the black border and either crosshatch in the big yellow border or stipple (anything like that). The quilting will add interest and hold the quilt together through many washings and usings. I hope you post this quilt again with the before and after pictures if you decide to add quilting. Thank you for listening.
Ellen