Old 05-18-2015, 01:18 PM
Janice McC

Oh, good heavens, Bee, too funny!

My funniest memory is when we were in a café and DH got up to go to the restroom right after we'd finished eating. The waiter came up and I announced in my best hs French, "nous sommes fini", we are finished. He looked puzzled. Unfortunately, the intervening years between hs and then allowed me to forget one little thing. It ISN'T "nous sommes fini" but "nous avons fini", we have finished. The waiter broke out in a somewhat stifled laugh. He reminded me in French that nous sommes fini means, "we are done", as in "we are done for". And he did it complete with the hand action across the throat. I sat for a fraction of a second totally upset and then broke out in laughter. I had to give myself credit for not being so embarrassed so as to have ruined the moment. We both laughed, good heartedly on both our parts and I happily recounted it for DH who returned moments later, complete with the gesture across the throat. Still, oddly enough, the funniest incident of my trips.

Odd the things we recall as funny!

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post
....like locking myself out of my room in the hallway at my hotel. I was trying to move the room service cart out of my room so I could get dressed.......yes....I was still in my favorite tee shirt....no shoes and my husbands boxer shorts because I couldn't get to my bag....more on that later.......

Last edited by Janice McC; 05-18-2015 at 01:36 PM.