View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 07:02 PM
Pam H

Just catching up on the last week after being in Florida visiting my mom. For some reason I am wanting chocolate!
Pat, I don't know how you can stand to go to work every day. Chocolate is probably a better alternative than how much alcohol you might want to drink to cope with your stress.
I am still not eating sugar (plus white rice, white flour). I go for blood work the end of the month to see if my numbers have improved enough so I don't have to go on meds. Panera gave me a cookie for my birthday and I let my sister, mom and aunt share it. We went to Outback and they gave me an ice cream sundae which I did have 1 small bite of. It was so yummy! Then I shared the rest.
I am allowed to have dark chocolate - at least 70%. I got some at Aldi's. Since I am not a fan of dark chocolate I found it is much improved with just a thin smear of peanut butter. Another one that I found at the grocery store has raspberry flavor with it. That one is pretty good.
We'll see in the morning how I did diet wise on vacation. At least I remembered to wear my compression stockings. My goal was to walk at least 10,000 steps a day. Well, when you vacation with your 87 year old mother you just might not be as active as you might hope to be.