View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 12:07 PM
quiltingcandy

Default Yea! It worked!!

A friend of mine asked me to make a window covering to replace the one that was eaten up by sun. No problem it was 2 pieces of fabric one outside with a liner, so easy. I had the original to use as a pattern, so no problem. Bought some fabric, took it home washed it, got it ready to do this morning and started ironing the white lining fabric and the iron was leaving those horrible scorched brown marks. Really? I don't have time for this I need to go somewhere, but there is was. So threw it with another towel into the washed. Was waiting for my iron to cool to clean it when I remembered people writing they use old dryer sheets to clean their hot iron. Those pesky hiding in clothes dryer sheets, so I had some waiting to try it and it worked!!! I sprayed water on it, then ironed over the little devil several times, then tested it on another piece of white fabric I had for testing and no nasty scorch marks!! That was so cool, so now I am going to put an old pop-up tissue box in my sewing room and stuff those in it.

I have no idea who initially wrote about them - but thank you to all of you that have put such a useful idea out there. I have been using the magic erasers and they work great on a cold iron, but now I can clean my iron between each piece.