View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 06:09 AM
Geri B

Originally Posted by Jo Anne B. View Post
Love Labs, Dobie's, Dalmations, I have had all those-wonderful wonderful dogs!! Someday I hope to rescue a Greyhound.
I have had a German Shepherd, shedding was horrible even with regular monthly professional groomings. She had many health issues, she died young of a very aggressive form of Lymphosarcoma. I detected something was wrong late on a Wed. called the vet on Thurs, got her in Fri. morn, she was euthanized on Mon. I will never own another german shepherd-too many sad, difficult memories, just broke my heart... She however was a very loyal, devoted girl!
We too are faithful viewers of the Westminister.

Sad about losing your shepherd, and so quickly from diagnosis to end! I have been told that because some popular breeds have been so " fine tuned" to bring out the so called best quality of that breed, it has weaken the line and more cancers are appearing in these weakened lines...my cousin loves and has had Rotts, but all have passed from cancers....before the newest one, had two sisters...both died of same kind of cancer and at young ages. She changed breeders....this one is healthy and aging beautifully....

there are some horror stories out there about breeders.......