View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 10:23 AM
zozee

OH, and there's a reason I didn't show you the closet with doors OPEN! Ahem!

Funny story: my youngest sister (37) and her family just moved into a new house. We got a tour of it this past Sunday, and her 3 year old daughter, my sweet precious niece, was kind of taking the lead as tour guide. When we got to the master bedroom, my sister says, "And this is our closet."

"It's a monster closet!" I exclaimed, seeing the size of the walk-in.

Poor little J looks up at me with a half-scared, half let-me-set-you-straight look on her face, then boldly says, "Aunt Zo, it's not a monster kwoset."

I stifled my laugh, as it would've hurt her feelings. Instead, I "got" instantly what she was thinking, so I knelt down, put my arms around her and said, "Oh, honey, I didn't mean there are monsters in the closet. Not at all. I was just using an expression that grown ups use when they mean something is something really big . Like a monster tractor or a monster house--just means really big. Has nothing at all to do with monsters. Okay? There are no monsters in this closet or anywhere else." She was satisfied and comforted.

Well, we continued our tour. She showed us the bathroom, the baby's room, then her room. Picture a happy girl with enthusiastic hand motions. "These are my toys, and this is my bed, and these are my books, and this is my twash can, and this is my kwoset. It's not a monster kwoset either. It's not very big."

The girl learns !

But between you and me, MY closet in the sewing room really have monsters in it. I'm sure of it.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-23-2020 at 08:38 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps