View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 02:31 PM
ruby2shoes

Originally Posted by mengler View Post
I’ve tried several techniques for sewing circles including a pricey attachement for my Viking which is more trouble than its worth. The method that works every time, for me, is the thumb tack method. I think it would work with a walking foot too. I use one of those lapel pins you get free with a flat top I’ll see if I can take a picture or find one. Either float or fuse stabilizer. You can also use a flathead thumb tack and eraser. Turn the lapel pin upside down, point up, and tape the pin so the point is a RADIUS distance from the needle. Place the CENTER of your circle over the pin point and push thru the fabric. Use the lapel pin clamp or for a thumbtack use an eraser. The. Sew any straight or decorative stitch. Gently guide the fabric and voila a perfect circle. See photos. I hope after this newsy reply that this is what you were asking. Lol
What a brilliant method......thanks so much for the detailed explanation...am starting another "circle" quilt and will definately be using your method!