View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 01:18 AM
Monale

Haven't posted in this thread for a while, and there would be at least three of my quilt since my last post that would count as "scrappy":

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599241[/ATTACH]

Those four patches are made from all kind of small pieces of fabric I had in my collection.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599242[/ATTACH]

Other than the green border, my NYB was made from different scraps, too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599243[/ATTACH]

Same here: Only the blue background is yardage (bedsheet fabric), the ships and everything else is scraps. Actually, I would have loved to make the dark blue "water" a little broader, however, this is just how much of that fabric I had... It was a cut-off from bedding fabric I got for free when I helped a friend order custom made beddings online. I mentioned I'm quilting and asked for the cut-offs from her beddings, knowing my friend would have to pay for the full yardage even her beddings were a little smaller. The vendor said: "No problem, and we're having more of those cut-offs laying around here with no use - I'll put those in your parcel, too!" So my friend got new beddings with my help, and I got a whole bunch of fabric scraps as "commission"
Attached Thumbnails gbuwrjporu68enpgd%25vgaw_thumb_2a6c7.jpg   unadjustednonraw_thumb_299a9.jpg   z%250q7yv2sduvf9ndla3sdg_thumb_2c6b5.jpg