View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 06:06 PM
skaduzy

Don't know about bobbins but the first needles I bought were from eBay and came from Australia or New Zealand. Expensive! Since then the gentleman who owns the shop I go to dropped something down in the needle holder so I could use regular Schmetz needles. I also got a belt there but unfortunately I've never put the belt on OR sewed with it. Shame on me because I am 75 now but can still remember sitting on Gramma's lap while she was sewing on this machine. My goal is to make a lap quilt on it. I think I better hurry!

Originally Posted by VWelsh View Post
Hi I'm a newbie and couldn't believe I saw your post first! I was recently gifted my hubby's grandmother's Singer 9W7. It's serial number is 3140621. It's a mess as it was stored in a basement for at least the last 45 years! The cabinet is in a really bad shape. Working on cleaning up the machine though. Everything moves with no problem; just a LOT of rust and grime. It had one of the donut-shaped bobbins with it and one, rusty needle in it. Any idea where I can get some of each??? Thanks!

Last edited by skaduzy; 04-20-2019 at 06:08 PM.