View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 06:22 AM
SuziSew

Kass, so funny..witness protection from the quilt police I always enjoy seeing your work, and love your take on the traditional. Rather than Dr. Who, we lean more towards Star Trek and Star Wars.

Queen, more great blocks, I saw the others on Early Birds. Where at in Nebraska? Have a brother in law in Ames.

Libstser, guess with the new in law to be means you'll start working on a wedding quilt!

Pam, I encouraged my step-mom to get the Accuquilt due to her arthritis, but I go help her with other cutting from time to time.

terriamn, Love your fabric! I tend to go with brights myself but have a weakness for pastels too. Depending on your requests, I think I have some great blenders for your block!

juliasb, or should I say "lean mean quilting machine" LOL! While my health issues aren't as severe as yours, you have a great attitude and its inspirational to me. I also agree that "fun" is much more important than perfect.

As for me; I've been sewing of and on since high school but was exposed to quilting by my Grandmother and Great Aunt. DGM taught me how to hand quilt, I'm not very good at it but find it relaxing, still haven't had time for it since we moved a few years ago. (still have a quilt on a frame) It's been over the last 10 years or so that I've really picked up more interest and working on improving my skills. What I need to start working on is machine quilting to try and get some of my UFO's out of the bin!

I've been married for 31 years and have 1 son (16 and he just got his learner's permit. Eek!!) I work full time as an accountant, so that' one of my excuses for not getting my UFO's done. I can't say he's interested but Hubster is tolerant of my fabric obsession, usually I just get a raised eyebrow when I bring something new home. I am so lucky to live in a amazing area that has many different quilt shops to feed that obsession, and the next town over (Shipshewana, IN) has a large quilt festival every year in June. I belong to a small guild and go to a paper piecing club once a month. Outside of that we tend to be homebodies and live a pretty quiet (dull?) life.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-23-2019 at 07:27 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps