View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 07:39 AM
juliasb

I have never taken a sit down and learn quilting class in the close to 30 years I have been quilting. I have watched videos, tv programs and a few demo at a quilt expo but that is about it. At the quilt expo it was not much more than a walk by being done by a vendor. I watched at my sister (21 years older than me), as she cut and stitched and made scraps into beautiful quilt tops. I never had the ability to mimic her skills. She hand pieced everything, long before rotary cutters. Once rotary cutters started and strip piecing came into being I was a quilt-a-holic! I joined a number of quilting groups on Usenet and now the internet. I made quilting buddies around the world and some of these people remain very important to me even now.
I did learn how to cut a perfect hexi using a template and made my king size GMF, I use that as my avatar here. I gifted that quilt to my oldest daughter. I don't even know if she still has it. If I make another it will be for myself. I am no longer afraid to try something new. I try to be careful so I don't get frustrated but I am still a quilt-a-holic and have a stash that will out live me.
I only wish I could take a quilting class. They always sound like a lot of fun!