View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 04:56 AM
SuzzyQ

Well I had a sister-in-law who truly did not know how to cook and definitely had no idea how to sew or mend. To her eating out or going thru the drive thru was normal. And sadly she brought her daughter up the same way... who truly cannot cook so she takes her kids thru a drive thru at least once a day. I "think" she has a housekeeper and a nanny or at least, used to have them …. she is honestly a brainless twit. I would love to get hold of her kids and introduce them to a stove. Her dad/my brother tries but he hasn't the health or knowledge to teach someone how to cook. Unfortunately neither of us has a lot of access to them.
My DIL doesn't like to cook - will not eat leftovers (but she loves to bake) and has no interest in sewing. Well her dad (my son) has taught DGD to cook and of course, she cooks when she's around me. DIL sees the value in encouraging my grand daughter (12) to learn to sew. And my DGD has been interested in sewing ever since she was 2. She made herself a quilt this summer and our next project together will be a nightshirt. She's made pj pants for herself and her cousins already. I'm thinking of getting her a membership at Fabricland for Christmas. She's already got one of my sewing machines (Janome QC 4800) that she learned to sew on - she's been referring to it as "her" machine - and now she's got me doing it.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-11-2019 at 08:08 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps