View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 04:25 PM
quiltingcandy

Well, I am south of Dunster by about 90 miles and weather is cool but nothing to compare with the snow and ice areas. I need to get in my sewing room - I have spent the past week going thru bins to get rid of fabric I will never use. I so wish people that make donation quilts lived close to take it.

One nice thing that did happen while cleaning out a cabinet I found some kitchen towels I had bought a while back to embroider. (Actually I had forgotten they were there. One of those thing I put away thinking it was a better place.) And since I had forgotten about them, I ordered more from Amazon. So now I have about 20+ ready to embroider. :-)

Still a lot of bins to go - there is a big box to put the unwanted fabric and when full it will go to a donation center.

Juliasb I am so happy you are enjoying your Accuquilt. They are so fun. I have the Go and bought the DWR die and my friend wanted to make one, so we cut out the pieces for a king size quilt in about 2 hours - which included the ironing. I made a Christmas patchwork with 5 inch squares and cutting them out was so quick and easy for a full size quilt. And the same with my falling charms quilt - with 5 inch squares and the 2.5 inch strips. And the embroidery ...... I just love it! I could go on and on - but it sounds like you are already sold.