View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 07:44 AM
Iceblossom

Glad you are getting your mojo back, Linda.

We've had snow on the ground in Seattle since Sunday, usually we only have a day or so. I've been getting to know my new little dogs and cleaning up a bit, which requires fabric moving, re-ironing, etc. I did make it to the store yesterday (had to get lotto tickets!), we went to Costco Monday so had plenty of supplies at home, but yesterday was a day of cooking.

I had planned to do them a couple days ago but we had to take Buddy (the first dog) to the vet, so I made two batches of vegan tamales yesterday. A new member posted a recipe that uses broth and vegetable oil, so easily adapted to vegan. I made half with a spicy mushroom/onion/red pepper flakes/fresh cilantro filling, and the other half I just mixed in a can of niblets into the masa, sort of like cornbread. Son & DDiL & Grandbundle are going to a mountain cabin with friends this weekend, so I froze half the batch(es) for them, and hubby is taking the rest to work for the plant-based people there.

Also made a pot roast for the keto/carnivore that is my hubby! And of course then there were large pots and pans to wash and clean.

So today, I sew! And tomorrow I find out if we have the layout for the Bonnie Hunter quilt, I'm guessing one more work clue and reveal next week but that's just my guess.