Old 02-10-2020, 10:45 PM
GinaTx

Default New to vintage and viking. Guidance please!

Up until this weekend I’ve only ever had a Brother HE 240 with a tiny harp space and I mainly quilt. I was at a garage sale and I ran across a Husqvarna Viking Optima 150 for $5 so I got it knowing it was missing the foot pedal and power cord because I fell in love with it. I brought it home and realized how hard it is to find parts for it but found another machine of the same make and model for $96 plus shipping that says it works and has the foot pedal and power cord so it’s on it’s way. Based on what I’ve read (feel free to correct me on anything if I’m wrong) it is a category 3 for Viking feet. I’m looking for a ruler foot and a free motion foot. So I’m thinking the Viking darning foot #4117390-45 would work like a free motion foot, right? For the ruler foot would the Westalee low shank work? I keep questioning it even though everything says low shank because unless I’m measuring wrong the shank height is 3/4 an inch which would be in between low and high shank so I’m thinking maybe it’s technically a medium shank for the ruler foot. I appreciate any and all guidance. I’ve read so many good things about Vikings and hope this is my forever machine.