View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 06:17 AM
Tartan
Power Poster

Default Pyrex, who knew?

My parents received the whole set of Pyrex mixing bowls as a wedding gift in the 1950s. I kind of remember the blue and red ones but they must of broken early as they were a handy size for everyday kitchen use. The big yellow 4 qt. came out for when Mom made a big batch of potato salad for family reunions or for mixing Christmas cakes for the holidays. It survived right up until the year before Mom moved to assisted living. I have had my eyes open for a replacement yellow bowl for my sisters for quite a while. I finally found 2 at a reasonable price and brought them home. I can hardly wait until I give them as birthday gifts. I am sure many tears will be shed as we remember our favourite times with Mom in the kitchen.
I looked up how to clean them as they had years of grime on them since they were produced in the 1940-1950s. I went to YouTube and found that a magic eraser works for most of the grime and it did. I also found out there are tons of people who collect Pyrex. Who knew?

Last edited by patricej; 02-12-2020 at 09:32 AM. Reason: fixed tiny spelling error.