View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 03:17 AM
moonrise

Just posting an update about my surgery which was Thursday. Everything went fine ... for the most part ... but boy did I seriously, seriously underestimate the amount of pain I'd be in. They say laparascopic surgery is so much easier, but my "female surgery" back in 2004 was a breeze compared to this, and it was done the "old fashioned" way. Whew. Somehow during the surgery, they scratched my corneas. Nobody seems to know how it happened. Grrr. I woke up in the recovery room with both my eyes and my tummy very unhappy. My eyes are better now, but I'm still so sore I can barely move. They gave me a "block" in my tummy to help with pain, and most of my skin is numb to the touch. I'm surprised it hasn't started wearing off, but I'm definitely not complaining. I'd probably be that much more miserable without it. I'm also dragging a drain pump around with me that DH has to measure and empty every so often. Yuck. He's been taking good care of me. Bad thing is, he has to go back to work tomorrow, so I'll have to manage everything myself. It's going to be interesting, that's for sure. So much for bouncing right back! (Pardon any typos or things that don't make sense. Pain meds knock me for a loop.)

Edited to add: After all the pre-op testing and same-day testing they did, they said I'm in "remarkably good health". So at least that's one good thing!

Last edited by moonrise; 02-23-2020 at 03:34 AM.