View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 09:32 AM
quiltingcandy

Glad you all enjoyed it - I still giggle about it. I am using up a lot of flannel and cotton fabric making face masks. All I needed was elastic - ending up with almost 400 yards. But there is an explanation - first ordered 288 yards of the 1/8th in. elastic - it was to be delivered in a week. But on the day it was set to arrive all the tracking information said "Tracking number was issued." So I wrote to the seller (on EBay) and asked why, maybe it was never picked up. So response. Waited 3 days - no response and no change. So I found another seller - selling 108 yards for under $20.00 and decided to order that. Within 24 hours it was issued a tracking number and picked up by the USPS. So I decided to seek to get my money back from the first seller, and like magic my order was "In Transit." So I will have more than enough elastic to make all the masks I want and my friends too. People are still searching for elastic around here. Took about 80 yards to my friend yesterday - told her as I dropped it off on her front porch I wondered if this was how drug dealers felt with a money drop.
Now I can send off about 100 masks to my niece in Ellensburg and make more for my daughter and her co-workers.